In this position, the Food Service Worker will be responsible for providing services to patients and customers within a military hospital setting. Service areas can include scullery and support service, cashier operations, express operations, room service, kitchen, ingredient room or café’.
- Perform heavy duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service area(s) and related areas.
- Move heavy garbage cans when collecting and transferring trash from work area to disposal area according to hospital guidelines
- Break down and clean assigned areas and return food to the main kitchen.
- Alert supervisor to any potential threats to food safety; take appropriate action to avoid risk to consumers.
- Report malfunctioning equipment and inadequate supplies to Supervisor.
- Properly use and clean food service equipment, including knives, power and hand-operated machines. Maintain work area in an orderly and sanitary condition.
- Follows food safety and sanitation procedures, policies and practices in accordance with department policy and Tri-service Food Code sanitation standards.
- Assist customers through the serving line.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and independently perform the basic duties of each of the areas within 80 hours of on the job training.
- Ability to learn and safely operate hand tools (i.e., chef’s knife), electric vegetable machine, electric vegetable peeler, meat slicer, potato peeler, vertical cutter, mixer, commercial dish machine, steam kettle and various manual equipment within the on the job training period.
- Ability to participate in and comprehend initial and ongoing food service and sanitation training.
- Ability to work safely utilizing proper personal protective equipment and following the equipment manual.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand or walk for prolonged periods, lift items weighing up to 50 pounds and push carts.
- Must be able to wear specific protective clothing or devices in the performance of duties (i.e. hearing protection).
- Must be able to adhere to safety and sanitation procedures IAW OSHA, PM and local regulatory guidance.
- Must possess and employ strong customer service skills and customer service etiquettes.
- Must have ability to read, write and speak English fluently, have basic computer knowledge, and be able to perform basic math skills.
- Must be familiar with safety precautions for all equipment before operating.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should send their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the subject line listing the name of the position you are interested in. A member of our team will then be in touch soon.
ExperienceLess than 1 Year