You will prepare and cook all different kinds of food from short-order grill, main entrées (Lasagna, Beef Stew, Grilled steak, Lobster Etc.), vegetables, starches, and gravies. This is a cafeteria style operation, where a quarterly sit-down meal service for a specialty meal such as Birthday Meal, or Valentine’s Day is offered.
- Ability to perform simple cooking tasks such as slicing, dicing, cutting, chopping, flouring, dredging, breading, measuring, and weighing.
- Can prepare items requiring little or no processing such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, fresh/canned vegetables, etc.
- Can prepare hot cereals, dehydrated soups, pizza, and cold sandwiches, etc.
- Can prepare fried convenience items such as hash browns, chicken nuggets, egg rolls, etc.
- Can prepare side dishes such as beans, rice, potatoes, etc.
- Can prepare pasta.
- Can cook short order grill items.
- Can roast, broil, bake, fry, fillet, sauté, boil, steam, stew, and grill meats.
- Can prepare soups, stocks, glazes, broths, gravies, sauces, and puddings without the use of packaged mixes.
- Can prepare salads and desserts such as jelly, cookies, puddings, etc.
- Can prepare entire meals requiring coordination of multiple items and cooking times.
- Can meet cooking and preparation deadlines.
- Is proficient at operating and cleaning all kitchen equipment.
- Can ensure proper steps and quantities in food preparation are followed.
- Can read, understand, follow, and scale established English recipes.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and procedures related to food preparation.
- At least one year of experience in preparing food items and using kitchen equipment.
- Certification/qualification such as Level 1 City and Guilds or other comparable qualification preferred – however suitable experience can be substituted for formal qualifications.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should send their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the subject line listing the name of the position you are interested in. A member of our team will then be in touch soon.