In this position, the successful candidate will perform the full range of receptionist, record keeping and miscellaneous clerical duties within the ambulatory setting at the Medical Aid Station in Fort Hunter Liggett, California.
- Enters, manipulates, and/or retrieves information and data from automated systems, such as, Composite Health Care System (CHCS), the Ambulatory Data System (ADS), the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Medical Application and Process Solutions (MAPS), Patient Appointment System (PAS), Defense Manpower Human Resource System information (DMHRSi) and Clinical Information System (CIS), as appropriate to the area assigned.
- Completes request forms, manually or automated, for individual patient orders, blood work, and other requests.
- Maintains and monitors patient appointment schedules for the clinic/practice.
- Schedules appropriate patient appointments manually and/or in CHCS. Coordinates and/or schedules patient appointments with other clinics or specialties.
- Perform filing and clerical duties associated with the receipt, retention, maintenance, copying, control of medical records.
- Maintains files in accordance with AR 40-66. Files medical documentation and ensures data filed are properly identified. Returns loose medical documentation to various medical clinics as necessary. Sorts and files laboratory slips, consultation reports, physical exams, forms and other materials. Reviews records for proper sequences of documents, files loose documents, corrects misfiles, ensures all documents are together by name and social security number when records are pulled for treatment or administrative purposes.
- Answer phone calls from staff, patients and/or public and greets visitors referring them to the
proper individual within the clinic. Maintains the daily sign-in log. Receives medical documentation from patients. Ensures the patient correctly enters identifying information. Enter the correct disposition on appropriate spreadsheets and electronic medical systems based on guidance and direction from the practice manager. Obtains required identification in order to ensure patient’s eligibility.
- Provide information regarding the practice, clinic, and hospital policies, procedures, and locations to patients, family members, staff, etc.
- Monitors and communicates delays in scheduled appointments to the appropriate staff and patients.
- Resolve complaints of a local administrative nature and refer other complaints to the appropriate authorities.
- Apply the appropriate guidelines concerning the release of patient medical information.
- Work with a variety of agencies (Government and non-Government) to ensure settlement of
- Cross-reference indices and complies statistics on requested information pertaining to medical care provided for use in various reports.
- Assist with record dispositions by copying medical records and forwarding original to various organizations after final approval.
- Ensures a copy of records is maintained at the TMC. Prior to disposition of the record, reviews
entire record for proper sequence of documents and check for duplication of records to ensure the same information has not been sent previously.
- Type material such as labels, listings, forms and simple correspondence (competitive level typing skills are not required).
- Maintains an adequate supply of blank forms and office supplies by conduction monthly inventories and submitting request for re-supply as needed.
- Receives new supplies and re-stocks supplies as needed.
- Minimum of a HS diploma or equivalent
- Have basic math skills and have skills in filing appropriate forms in to patient’s medical files and conducting periodic review of the patient’s medical records.
- Possess/maintain expertise in automated processes and procedures of automated information systems, to include an understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Minimum 1 year of general experience where the individual was progressively responsible for clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
- Must be a qualified typist, able to type 40 words per minute based on a five-minute sample with three or fewer errors.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and written.
- Must possess knowledge of medical administrative procedures and be skilled in utilizing health care information systems.
Qualified applicants should send their current resume to email@example.com with the title of the subject line listing the name of the position you are interested in. A member of our team will then be in touch soon.
ExperienceLess than 1 Year