Position: Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Summary: LPR International is seeking an electrical engineer/electrical designer to join our client’s team in Laurel, MD to support ongoing projects with Washington Metro.
- Perform site systems surveys and engineering assessments for a wide range of facilities, varying from metro stations to data centers.
- Contribute to development of solutions for minimal downtime electrical power distribution and lighting systems in conjunction with architectural and engineering project design teams.
- Perform scope of work analyses, design and construction document development, and engineering construction support services for building electrical systems including power generation, distribution, lighting, fire alarm, security and telecommunications systems.
- Learn and utilize a variety of software to perform electrical load calculations, short circuit studies, selective coordination, arc flash analysis, generator load calculations and lighting calculations.
- Attend team and owner design kick-off and review meetings.
- 7-10 years of experience working as an electrical designer or engineer surveying and designing electrical power distribution and lighting systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- PE registration a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with Autodesk Revit REQUIRED.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to facilities in the Washington, DC Metro Area and surrounding states (day travel).
Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. They offer 2 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with additional time off earned after five years of service and pay for 8 federal holidays.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should send their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the subject line listing the name of the position you are interested in. A member of our team will then be in touch soon.